Brew-seum is a fundraiser to benefit the International Museum of Art & Science (IMAS) and supports year-round Art & Science education in the Rio Grande Valley.
Brew-seum events celebrate the region’s ever-growing love and curiosity for the world’s oldest fermented beverage. Celebrate the International Museum of Art & Science and the love of craft beer on Saturday, April 15, 2023!
VIP Early Access through VIP Entrance begins at 5:00 PM
General Admission Entry opens at 6:00 PM
Date: Saturday, April 15, 2023
Location: International Museum of Art & Science 1900 Nolana Ave., McAllen, TX
Hours: 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (VIP get early access at 5:00 PM)
Restaurants and Activity Participants MUST be operational for all hours of the event.
Age: 21+ (Including your Staff)
Max Capacity: 1,000
The Event: The 15th Annual Brew-seum takes place on Saturday, April 15, 2023. Experience the beer festival that the RGV has loved for more than a decade and celebrate the region’s ever-growing love and curiosity for the world’s oldest fermented beverage. This festival is jam-packed with unique brews, one-of-a-kind collaborations, and your favorite porters, stouts, pilsners, ales, wheats, sours, Belgians, ciders, and lagers to name a few. Beyond beer, A Night at the Brew-seum features music, games, wines, ciders, food trucks, food booths, local business spotlights and more.
Brew-seum supports the International Museum of Art & Science and gives adult attendees a special after-hours experience at the Museum by bringing together craft beer enthusiasts, incredible craft beers and the best restaurants the Rio Grande Valley has to offer. Patrons visit table-to-table sampling delicious local fare and craft beer. Live entertainment and activities add to the night’s celebration. Brew-seum is notorious for being a sold-out event each year. Become a sponsor or participant and be a part of the festivities!
Wednesday, February 1st Restaurant Application Deadline (Logos must be submitted with application)
Friday, February 10th Participating Restaurants Chosen & Notified of Approval (via email)
Friday, March 17th Mandatory Participant Logistics Meeting -10:00 AM or 3:00 PM (attend one only)
Friday, March 17th Deadline to submit copy of Temporary Events Food Permit receipt from the city as well as copies of Food Handler permits for all staff working the event.
For questions prior to the festival regarding your participation, logistics or Health and Fire Department related issues contact:
The International Museum of Art and Science
City of McAllen Environmental and Health Code Compliance
Fax: (956) 681-1918
To apply for participation in the Brew-seum event, please:
- Read and acknowledge your understanding of the following rules and regulations.
- Complete the online application below or download the PDF version, complete in full and sign and submit in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are not confirmed for participation until the committee has reviewed/approved your application, received all required forms, and proof of insurance and licenses. A confirmation email will be sent once your participation requirements including approval of your application have been completed.
PARTICIPATION FEE – NONE
FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION:
- 2 complimentary general admission tickets to “A Night at the Brew-seum”
- Inclusion in promotion and marketing of the event
- A charitable contribution letter equaling the value of your contribution
IMAS WILL PROVIDE:
- One (1) 10’x10’ booth space (please advise if you need additional space for cooking/grills)
- One (1) 6’ folding table, tent lighting
- One (1) Edison style outlet via generator access (PARTICIPANTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN EXTENSION CORDS)
- Ability to promote your restaurant at the event as well as ancillary events (case-by-case basis)
- Access to recycling and waste dumpster
- Parking for one (1) car or regular size van
MARKETING BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Promotion in our expansive eight-week marketing campaign which includes social media and web recognition
- Restaurant or Business name and logo on www.brew-seum.com
- Ability to promote your restaurant on site to an estimated 1,000 attendees
Participation Requirements for all Participants including Restaurants:
- Decorate your booth at your discretion; Please refrain from tacking/adhering to museum property (i.e., walls, fencing, etc.) and from using residue-producing items such as silly string, glitter, duct tape (on museum property), etc.
- If needed, please supply your own ice, electrical cords, surge protectors, etc.
- Participants ARE allowed to bring their own generators (please indicate by email if you will be bringing your own generator)
- IMAS is not liable or responsible for items lost or left behind; however, IMAS will make efforts within reason to help locate items left accidentally.
- Please clear your designated area of trash, containers, etc. after the event.
- Set Up Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please be ready to serve by 4:30 p.m.
- Take Down: 10:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. (If you run out of food or activity supplies prior to 10pm, please feel free to enjoy the live entertainment while waiting for the take down period.)
- All participants must actively participate in social media for Brew-seum 2023 including the following at a minimum:
- Share the Brew-seum event page to mention your participation on your business Facebook page no later than March 17, 2023. (You will have confirmation of your acceptance by February 17th)
- Tag Brew-seum and International Museum of Art & Science in participation announcement on social channels no later than March 17, 2023.
- Post on the Brew-seum Facebook event page as your business at least once by March 17, 2023.
- Check-in at the IMAS during setup and Brew-seum event, and tag Brew-seum and International Museum of Art & Science.
- Always use hashtags #IMASbrewseum and #brewseum14 in all social media posts.
- Tag @imasbrewseum and @imasmuseum in Instagram Stories about the Brew-seum. (This will also allow us to repost your stories.)
IMAS and Brew-seum Tags:
Facebook Event Page:
Brew-seum and IMAS Websites:
Specific Participation Requirements for Restaurants:
- Restaurants must purchase a Temporary Food Establishment permit for this event as required by the Texas Department of Health Regulations and the City of McAllen Ordinances. Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth for the duration of the Event. Applications will not be accepted without a permit. Failure to provide proof of licensure may result in a fee. Fee is the sole responsibility of the Restaurant.
The Temporary Event Food Permit Application can be found at https://www.mcallen.net/docs/default-source/code/temp-event-04-06-2022.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- Limit of 4 representatives/servers per booth. Representatives/Servers do not count as attendees and are not permitted to sample food or drinks from other participants at the event.
- Must provide a photocopy of food handler’s license for every server by email to email@example.com
- Servers must bring their food handler’s license to display at their booth for the event according to Texas Department of State Health Services requirements. Failure to provide proof of licensure may result in a fee
- Please provide proof of General Liability Insurance, listing IMAS as ‘additionally insured’ if applicable, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide necessary items to accommodate service (i.e. utensils, napkins, warmers, etc.)
- Samples for approximately 200-400 patrons (up to 1,000 tickets will be sold) FOOD OR BEVERAGE SALES OF ANY KIND ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- At your discretion more than one type of sample item may be served
- Special permission is required to use a grill or open flame to cook. If approved, the restaurant is responsible for bringing a fire extinguisher. Permission must be granted by the IMAS Facilities manager
- Sternos are permitted outside the museum
Detailed logistical information and any revised rules will be distributed and reviewed at the mandatory logistics meeting on Friday, March 17, 2023.
- PARTICIPATION CONFIRMATION: The International Museum of Art & Science reserves the right to choose and confirm all restaurants and activities. Once you are confirmed as a participant and your Participation Contract has been signed, these terms must be upheld.
- LOCATION: Booth space assignments will be at the sole discretion of The International Museum of Art & Science. The Event will take place at The International Museum of Art & Science, 1900 W. Nolana Ave. McAllen, TX 78504. Participants will receive their space assignment upon loading into the event site. Please do not ask for specific booth locations or to be moved.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Participants MUST be set up by 4:30 PM (Set up is from 10 AM – 4 PM) or forfeit spot and acceptance to next Event. Participants who cancel will also be subject to a $150.00 fee for inclusion on advertising associated with the event up to the date of cancellation. (see 18. Cancellation below) Participants must remain operational for all hours of the festival. If you fail to operate during the scheduled Event hours, you will not be allowed to return to the next Event. Hours of Operation – Saturday April 15, 2023 – 6pm to 10pm. If you run out of food early please do not begin tear-down until 10:00 PM.
- MENU REQUIREMENTS: Restaurants are required to serve at least 200 free samples at the event (1,000 tickets will be sold). FOOD OR BEVERAGE SALES OF ANY KIND ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- POWER: The International Museum of Art & Science will supply one (1) 20 amp / 110 Edison style outlet circuit for use at your booth. Restaurants must provide any needed power strips or extension cords. All Restaurant-supplied equipment must be in excellent working order and safe for use in outdoor conditions. All cooking and refrigeration equipment must use a standard Edison plug. No accommodation will be made for any other style of plug.
- NOISE AND GENERATORS: BRINGING YOUR OWN GENERATOR IS ENCOURAGED. Please provide your own 100 ft. extension cords for generators and label your generators for your use only. To reduce noise and interruptions, Participants are not allowed to operate music or public address systems on the Event site. This includes stereos, televisions, D.J. equipment, or megaphones.
- SIGNAGE: Restaurant signs and chalkboards are permitted to be provided by the restaurant. Restaurant-provided signs/decorations must be contained to the inside of your booth, on the poles or on the front/top of the tables. Absolutely no signage/decoration will be allowed above the provided establishment sign or the sides or in front of your booth. Tall flags, sign plumes or free-standing signage is prohibited. The International Museum of Art & Science reserves the right to reject any inappropriate or unprofessional signage.
- VEHICLE ACCESS: Details will be provided at the mandatory “Participant Logistics Meeting” on March 17, 2023, @ The International Museum of Art and Science -Based on your convenience, please attend at either 10:00 AM or 3:00 PM (you must attend only one meeting)
- PERMITS: Restaurant Participants must purchase a Temporary Food Establishment permit for this event as required by the Texas Department of Health Regulations and the City of McAllen Ordinances. Permits must be visibly displayed at your booth for the duration of the Event. Failure to obtain permit at the event may result in a fee and inability to serve food at the event. Participants will not be allowed to serve at the event unless passing inspection at the time of the event. Please submit a copy of your permit application receipt to email@example.com The deadline for submission is March 17.
- The Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application can be found at https://www.mcallen.net/docs/default-source/code/application-for-temporary-food-event-09-18-2018.pdf?sfvrsn=6
- A Fire/Propane Permit may be required.
- TRASH AND CLEAN UP: Participants must maintain the cleanliness of their booth site at all times. Leave your area clean at the end of the event. At closing, completely break down and remove the contents of booth area. Remove all signage, tape, wires and any sort of debris from the tent frame, tables and chairs. Your area should appear as you found it at load in. You must leave your area 100% free of all trash and display items at the end of the event. Anything left behind (including rental equipment) will be thrown away. Grey Water Receptacles will be provided. Grease and Charcoal disposal is the responsibility of the Participant and must be taken with you after the festival.
- PROHIBITED MERCHANDISE: Restaurants are prohibited from selling any merchandise, food, soft drinks, water, alcoholic beverages or obtaining a liquor license for this Event.
- PUBLICITY: The International Museum of Art & Science reserves the right to photograph all Participants, Participant interactions and Participant products for use in all forms of media and promotions.
- SECURITY: Participants are responsible for the security of their booth area, goods and personal items. Although there will be 24-hour security provided for the Event, we suggest Restaurants do not leave items of high value unattended. The International Museum of Art & Science will not be liable for lost/ damaged/stolen items.
- OPERATIONS: The International Museum of Art & Science reserves the right to restrict Participants with respect to operations and display of materials.
- INTOXICANTS: Participants may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants inside or anywhere near the Event footprint.
- INSURANCE: Restaurants must maintain current and valid liability insurance, listing The International Museum of Art & Science as additionally insured, for the duration of the Event.
- FORCE MAJEURE: In the event of inclement weather, or for any reason whatsoever that the Brew-seum Event is delayed, rained-out or unfeasible by any act or regulation of any public authority or bureau, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, war conditions, emergencies, act of God or any other cause or causes beyond the control of The International Museum of Art & Science, the Participant agrees that there shall be no claim or action against The International Museum of Art & Science. Visitor attendance is not guaranteed, and no payment or coverage of costs associated will be given for any reason.
- CANCELLATION: If a Participant cancels at any time after signing this contract for any other reason than a force majeure (see 17. Force Majeure), the Participant will be subject to a $150.00 fee (deposit check) for inclusion on advertising associated with the event up to the date of cancellation. If the Participant appears as agreed to the event, the deposit check will be shredded the day after the event.
- INDEMNIFICATION: The Participant shall release, indemnify and hold harmless The International Museum of Art & Science, all sponsoring organizations and all trustees, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, damages, settlements and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of injuries to persons or damages to property directly and exclusively resulting from said Participants actions and participation in the Brew-seum Event. The International Museum of Art & Science, or any subsidiary thereof, will not be responsible for any kind of injury sustained by participants or guests while in agreement. By signing this release and request, you agree to follow all rules and policies as outlined in these documents and/or any addendum thereto.
RESTAURANT INTEREST FORM
Complete this interest form to apply as a restaurant partner at the 15th Annual Night at the Brew-seum, April 15, 2023 at the International Museum of Art & Science in McAllen, Texas.
Restaurant Applications are due by Wednesday, February 1.
A paper application can be found at this link and scanned or turned in at the museum during open hours.