Put your creative thinking caps on!
You are invited to decorate your tree in honor of some (or all) of the people who have been helping us through the pandemic, and you are welcome to include such “angels” as family, friends, pets, medical personnel, police, firefighters, teachers, caregivers, scientists, and anyone else you can think of who has responded to our needs or cared for us.
The IMAS is inviting ten ADULT or FAMILY groups to apply for this year’s exhibit. The decision to host only ten trees was made with safety being the top priority for museum staff and visitors. Fewer trees will allow for safe social distancing for museum visitors. The participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served bases.
Secure your tree by completing the form below, or printing an application and turning it in to IMAS lobby ASAP. The entry deadline is Friday, November 13, at 5:00 p.m. unless all trees filled sooner.
*The application window has closed.*
- Decorations must be handmade for award consideration.
- Floor decorations should not extend past the 50″ diameter of the tree.
- Please do not use food or perishable decorations.
- One tree per group.
- The museum will provide a 6-7 ft. artificial tree with stand for each entrant. Trees may not be flocked or sprayed. White lights provided. No additional lights or electronics please.
- Decorations must be securely attached to tree.
- Decorations not retrieved on take-down days will be disposed of by museum staff.
- No organic materials or materials of animal origin such as twigs, seeds or fur.
- No copyrighted characters.
- No tinsel.
- Please bring your own step ladder.
- Entry deadline: November 13
- Set-up: November 30 – December 3
- Judging: December 4
- Exhibit dates: December 5 to January 3
- Take down: January 4-8
- First: $300
- Second: $200
- Third: $100
All trees must be set up from November 30 to December 3. Trees will be judged on December 4.
*Application window has closed. Visit the IMAS on December 5 for the opening of the Christmas Tree Forest exhibition.
Presented by the IMAS Guild, the Christmas Tree Forest is an annual exhibit held at the International Museum of Art & Science.