• Decorations must be handmade for award consideration.
• The museum will provide 6-7 ft. artificial tree with stand for each entrant. White lights provided by IMAS; no additional lights or electronics may be added.
• No copyrighted characters. No tinsel. No glitter.
• No food, perishable decorations, organic materials or materials of animal origin such as twigs, seeds, or fur.
• Trees may not be flocked or sprayed.
• One tree per class or club.
• Children or young people from the age category must be involved in making the decorations if the tree is entered in a child or youth category.
• Floor decorations should not extend past the 50” diameter of the tree.
• Decorations must be securely attached to the tree.
• Decorations not retrieved on take-down days will be disposed of by museum staff.
• Please bring your own ladder, scissors, tape, and necessary supplies during decoration time.
Violation of any of the listed rules may result in elimination from prize contention and a loss of points.