IMAS presents a community Holiday Market and opening of this year’s annual Christmas Tree Forest “Celebrating Essential Responders” opening Saturday, December 5!
The International Museum of Art & Science will be celebrating the holiday season and the opening of the 2020 Annual Christmas Tree Forest with a festive artist and artisan market on Saturday, December 5, 2020. The annual exhibition of trees has been celebrated for half a century by the community and is presented by the IMAS Guild.
Visit the Holiday Market, December 5
Vendors will be set up near the west entrance and Welcome Pavilion of the IMAS from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturday, December 5. Entry into the market is free of charge.
Visit with community partners including McAllen Public Utility, McAllen Creative Incubator, the McAllen Fire Department, and Palm Valley Animal Society.
The community is invited to support these local artists and artisans and then visit the Christmas Tree Forest and museum exhibitions. Currently, admission is only $1 for all visitors ages 4 and up. IMAS Members and children 0-3 are always free.
The museum is open weekly Thursday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, closed for cleaning for one hour and then open from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. Admission is $1 for ages 4 & up, free for IMAS Members and children ages 0-3.
- Vendor areas will be assigned in the order that applications are received. Limited spots are available.
- Participation in the market is dependent upon completion of the interest form, approval by IMAS, and receipt of payment. Spots are limited and vendors will be notified individually of their acceptance and designated setup area.
- All vendors will be set up in the circular drive west of the IMAS entrance. The street will be blocked from vehicle traffic.
- Vendors will each have a designated area with 6 feet between each vendor’s space.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping trash contained. Following the event they may dispose of trash in the IMAS dumpster.
- Vendors are responsible for all set-up and take-down and must leave the area clean following the market.
- IMAS provides the space for vendors. Vendors must provide table, chairs, and merchandise.
- Optional: IMAS can provide a table and 2 chairs for an additional $20 fee upon request.
- Vendors may park on the north side of the parking lot or in the grass lot by the wind blade. The main parking lot is to be left open for museum visitors.
- IMAS public WI/FI is inconsistent outside of the museum and can be used at the discretion of vendors. Personal hot-spots or cellular service is recommended. Vendors may visit the IMAS ahead of time to test their networks if needed.
- $20 Registration Fee
- $20 (optional) Table and 2 chairs set up by IMAS
- 8:30-9:30 AM Vendors set up
- 10:00 AM Market is Open
- 1:00 PM Market Closes
- 2:00 PM Clean up complete and vendor areas clear