This fall the IMAS is gearing up for a continuation of virtual workshops for preschoolers, Young Adventurers Live!
Join the IMAS each last Tuesday of the month for a fun pre-K workshop. Participate from home with an accompanying adult to explore art and science topics.
Young Adventurers Live!
Recommended for: Pre-K (ages 3-6)
Time: Last Tuesday of the month at 10 AM
Location: Facebook Live
Learn about the upcoming themes below and gather supplies in advance to participate live with your preschooler.
October 27: Dancing Drums
Let’s get moovin’ and groovin’ with our special guest from Nadia’s School of Dance! A limited number of drum containers are available for pick up at the museum from October 21-23.
- Coffee Canister (like the Folgers plastic cans)
- Markers or Paint
- Stickers (optional)
- Piece of Fabric (large enough to go over the opening of the coffee can)
- Large Rubber Band
November 24: Healthy Habits
Let’s get tastefully creative! Join us to create some healthy snacks and learn about healthy habits to do at home.
- Healthy Habits Plate Printout (PDF)
- Real food items for snacks (apple slices, slice of bread, nut butter, a banana, cheerios, etc.)
- Butter knife and cutting board (and help from an adult!)
- Snacks printout (non-food option PDF)
December 29: Marshmallow Snowflakes
Let it snow at the IMAS! Join us as we make snowflakes out of marshmallows and pretzels! Kits will be available at the IMAS for $3 (discount for Members)!
Kits (registration coming soon):
- Jumbo marshmallows & pretzel sticks to build 2 snowflakes with templates
- Instant Snow
Materials from Home:
- Pretzel sticks or toothpicks
- Snowflake printouts (PDF)